The School of Postgraduate Studies & Research (SPGSR) of Amoud University co-ordinates all postgraduate programmes in the University and reports on the same to Senate.
The postgraduate programmes include postgraduate certificates, postgraduate diplomas and higher degrees (Masters/Doctoral). The SPGSR is responsible for:
- Initiation and maintenance of postgraduate programmes in the university;
- Attracting qualified students into these programmes;
- Attracting qualified lecturers and supervisors;
- Maintaining high level research at the postgraduate and post-doctoral level;
- Ensuring that studies are completed in the stipulated times and that research findings are disseminated to the users so that they are of benefit to Somaliland and generally to scholarship.
- Making recommendations for award of Scholarships, Fellowships and SPGSR Grant when such awards are available.